|    FM Home   |    FM News   |    FM Forum   |    FM Blog   |    20th of February 2018
|   Banking  |   Insurance  |   Property  |   Mortgages  |   Economy  |   Investments  |   Credit Cards  |   Debt  |   Loans  |   Pensions  |   Companies  |  

Insurance News feed Insurance News

All Financial News feed All Financial News

Is your festival tent insured?

Bookmark and Share

by David Masters
Is your festival tent insured?

With the summer festival season approaching fast, moneysupermarket.com has urged festival-goers to check if their home insurance covers possessions stored in a tent.

“Tents can be left unguarded for hours at a time, so while it’s essential not to leave valuables lying around, it is also important to check your insurance will cover you if necessary,” said Steve Sweeney, head of home insurance at the price comparison site.

“If you are unfortunate enough to be a victim of theft, many home contents policies will cover you for items such as your mobile phone, ipod or camera if you are away from home at very little cost,” Sweeney added.

Barclaycard, for example, offers cover for up to £1,000 of possessions whilst away from home for an extra £30 on its home insurance policy.

This is a “small price to pay for peace of mind to enjoy your time away,” Sweeney said.

Sweeney also suggests that Brits attending festivals abroad take out travel insurance.

Discuss this in the Finance Markets forums

Story link: Is your festival tent insured?

News posted: June 9, 2009

Financial Services:

Related financial stories to: Is your festival tent insured?:
Previous: «
Next: »

Visited 2680 times, 1 so far today

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Tags: , , , ,