Direct Line Car Insurance
Direct Line is one of the biggest specialist car insurance companies, and is widely marketed as one of the cheapest.
Direct Line make a point of not being listed on price comparison websites which would otherwise raise policy costs due to finder fee payments to them.
Direct Line Car Insurance offers the following benefits:
- 10% off for buying online
- Named drivers get their own no-claims bonus
- Use your no-claims discount on a second car
- No excess if hit by an uninusred driver (comprehensive cover only)
- Motorbike users can transfer a no-claims bonus from bike insurance to their car
- No Claims Discount can also be used on company cars
- Multi-car discount if you own more than one car
- Discount on multi-car breakdown protection
- Discounts on car insurance when you take out other financial products with the company (ie, a loan)
Website: Direct Line Car Insurance website
Direct Line Customer Experiences
As with all major insurance companies, there are always complaints.
While Direct Line Car Insurance claims to settle 95% of all claims over the phone, the company doesn’t state how long an average claim takes to settle.
A number of complaints about the company are based on the length of time to settle, regardless as to whether the Direct Line customer was at fault or not.
Additionally, which you can add a hire car to a comprehensive policy in the event of a claim, this is for only two weeks – which normally seems an ample amount of time, excepting that even simple repairs at a garage can take longer if that garage is already heavily booked.
Others have complained about the quality of the hire cars, which come from Enterprise Rent A Car. You takes your picks, you takes your chances.
Overall review for Direct Line Car Insurance
Direct Line offer very good pricing and actively make a point of keeping the cost of car insurance down. So if you need cheap car insurance, then they are certainly worth consideration.
The caveat is that “you get what you pay for”, which means that cost-savings may be perceived as minimum investment in call record centres.
The sign up process is simple and easy, and staff are generally friendly and helpful if called.
However, if you do need to make a claim, do remember that if you bought Direct Line Car Insurance, you may have bought into the cheapest price, but not necessarily the fastest support care.
Find out more: Direct Line Car Insurance website