Warning: Illegal string offset 'video_embed' in /home/finasco/public_html/wp-content/themes/wp-davinci-prem/page.php on line 42
Nationwide Home Insurance
The Nationwide Building Society is the largest building society in the world, with around 12 million customers. They are also the second largest mortgage provider in the UK and the largest online mortgage provider.
Nationwide Home Insurance offers the following benefits:
- 20% off now and 20% off next year when you buy and renew buildings and contents cover together (conditions apply). Plus, an extra 10% off this year’s premium if you buy online.
- No extra charges for monthly payments
- Coverage for damage caused by storms, flooding, escape of water, fire, theft, and malicious damage
Their buildings insurance also covers:
- garages and sheds
- garden walls, drives, footpaths, patios and decking
- permanent fixtures such as kitchen units, bathroom fittings and fitted wardrobes
- Legal liabilities you may face as a homeowner, up to £2 million
Their contents insurance covers:
- personal belongings in the home, garages and sheds
- household furniture, furnishings and goods
- business office equipment, such as computers
- acts of vandalism, riot, civil unrest, political disturbances
Nationwide Customer Experiences
Most comments on Nationwide home insurance are positive.
However, the most common source of dissatisfaction with Nationwide Home Insurance is with the sub-contracting process.
Nationwide appear to sub-contract repair work to local businesses, but not all seem well-vetted, resulting in variable levels of professionalism.
However, most customers report general satisfaction, and even the unhappy ones note that the Nationwide service itself is of a very high standard – is very helpful, friendly and efficient, and most queries are solved over the phone.
Others are delighted with the speed and ease in which the company makes the signing-up process.
But they also remark that it is not the cheapest quote they can find. Perhaps that is the trade-off – a higher cost for a better service.
Overview for Nationwide Home Insurance
Nationwide provides the security and expertise that comes with being one of the largest insurers around.
They offer great customer care, plenty of coverage and their quotes are generally quite competitive. So if you do need home insurance of any type, then they are definitely worth consideration.
Their 30% discount when you buy both buildings and contents insurance online is as good a deal as any.
But remember, there may be cheaper quotes out there if you feel like shopping around. The problem is, what you save in money you may lose in good service when the unforeseen happens and you have to make a claim.
Overall, Nationwide has a reputation for customer care that translates well across its insurance products.