|   FM Home  |   FM Forum  |   FM News  |   FM Blog  |  

Go Back   Finance & Money Forums > Finance > Loans

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Loans Discussions about loans and lending practices.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:35 PM

Default Loan Info

Hi There

My family are all going travelling for 2 years in 3 months time and want me to go with them and not be left out, we have family all over the place so have decided to go see everyone and stop off around the world working part time etc at different places. The problem is i got a loan out 3 years ago for a car and am still paying off for the next 2 years at 230 a month so am really struggling on how i can go with my family while paying this off as i do not have the funds in my bank to cover the payments each month for the next couple of years and pobably wont earn enough while abroad to cover the loan and living also.

What im after really is, does anyone know any ways to have a break from a personal loan or any other options available to me to enable me to go with my family?

Many thanks in advance for any help given.

Matt
Old 06-16-2009, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Loan Info

Was it a HP agreement. If you are a % within the agreement, you could just hand the vehicle back with no outstanding debt. Check your T&C's
Old 06-16-2009, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Loan Info

Hi Paul

No it wasnt a HP purchase, i got it second hand. I have sold the car to help towards payment but still not able to cover it.

Am really stuck as my parents are renting out their home until they return and i cannot afford not to go or to stay.

Thanks
Matt

« HSBC takes responsible lender accolade | M&S gives 10% cashback on personal loans »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page