|    FM Home   |    FM News   |    FM Forum   |    FM Blog   |    23rd of February 2018
|   Banking  |   Insurance  |   Property  |   Mortgages  |   Economy  |   Investments  |   Credit Cards  |   Debt  |   Loans  |   Pensions  |   Companies  |

Cared card News feed Credit card News

All Financial News feed All Financial News

American Express to charge £20 “dormancy fee”

Bookmark and Share

by David Masters
”American

American Express has announced plans to start charging customers who no longer use their Amex card.

The £20 per year “dormancy fee” will be charged to all Platinum Cashback credit card holders.

According to Amex’s website, the fee is charged to customers “if the aggregate amount of all transactions [on their account], other than cash advances & balance transfers, that have taken place during the preceding 12 months is £0.”

A spokesperson for the company said the “vast majority” of customers will not be affected by the fee.

Credit card comparison site moneysupermarket.com said the charge comes as “no great surprise”.

“We expect to see more providers introduce similar charges as they seek to recoup the losses they are making on the credit card lending,” said Peter Harrison, moneysupermarket.com’s credit card expert.

Keeping dormant accounts open costs credit card companies money, Harrison explained.

Customers wanting to avoid the charge need only to use their Amex card once per year.

Amex also announced that it has also reduced the top rate of cashback on its Platinum card to 1.25%.

EDITORS NOTE: I have no idea why so many American Express customers think Finance Markets is connected to the credit card – we’re not.

So please stop trying to publish your account numbers and names on our website, as this is plainly a security risk to you!!

Discuss this in the Finance Markets forums

Story link: American Express to charge £20 “dormancy fee”

News posted: September 1, 2009

Financial Services:

Related financial stories to: American Express to charge £20 “dormancy fee”:
Previous: «
Next: »

Visited 18059 times, 21 so far today

140 Comments

1. You have put on my statement that if I want to close the account and have this £20 Do0rmancy fee removed to visit this website, but on visiting this website there are no instructions on how to do so – is this one of your “cunning plans”. As you told me to visit this website the actions required to close accounts should be a lot lot clearer, especially for people who are not too good with computers like me!!

Comment by Kim Clifford — October 10, 2012 @ 2:52 pm

2. I do not want a card.I have never asked for a card.I am certainly not paying any fee
    Just take me off all your lists NOW
    John Lowe

Comment by Edward John Lowe — October 20, 2012 @ 8:26 am

3. Would like to cancel my account please tell me how do I do this ? And have this fee removed, thank you

Comment by Howard Mitchell — October 20, 2012 @ 8:36 pm

4. I WISH TO CANCEL MY AMEX CARD RIGHT AWAY.

Comment by mr jeffrey harvey — October 21, 2012 @ 10:32 pm

5. I closed this account 3 years ago !! Please remove this £20 fee and close my account
    Thankyou
    I await your response and statement of account showing 0
    Thankyou
    S j Andrews

Comment by Stephen John Andrews — October 25, 2012 @ 11:11 am

6. please cancell my £20 fee and close credit card account
    i no longer req it… thank.you.

Comment by mr robert shaw mellor bb48rg — October 31, 2012 @ 11:18 am

7. I think this ‘dormancy charge’ is outrageous and I am cancelling my account. My card will be returned in tne post.

Comment by V. E. Gale — October 31, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

8. I wish to close my account and cannot see on the dormancy fee page where to close it. PLEASE HELP

Comment by Peter McGuirk — October 31, 2012 @ 11:32 pm

9. I no longer use my card and would like to close my account and have the dormancy fee cancelled

Comment by Wilfrid Knowles — November 1, 2012 @ 10:17 am

10. cancel card & waive dormancyfee.

Comment by stephen bevan bridgeman — November 2, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

11. I wish to close our account and waive dormancyfee. S.B.Bridgeman.

Comment by stephen bevan bridgeman — November 2, 2012 @ 1:55 pm

12. Told to go to this website to remove fee, but not clear how to do it.

Comment by Mr R W Hodkinson — November 2, 2012 @ 2:00 pm

13. the american express card i was useing was cancelled and destroyed nearly 12 months ago. please confirm Wilfrid M Dent.

Comment by wilfrid M Dent — November 2, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

14. The American Express card I was useing was cacelled and destroyed nearly a year ago.
    W. M. Dent

Comment by Wilfrid Midcalf Dent — November 2, 2012 @ 6:03 pm

15. Please remove my dormancy fee as I no longer have my american express card

Comment by paul fitzgerald — November 4, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

16. Please send instruction s to close my account immediately and therefore avoid paying £20 fee.

Comment by Alison A Newton — November 8, 2012 @ 4:33 pm

17. I am not happy with this £20 charge as dormancy fee. I have credit balance on my card from long time, how about some interest on it if that’s the case. If people start charging without asking customer’s first that’s the time you loose faith in that company.After this charge I am not very happy and like to return my card and request amex to refund my money £43.37 which they have for more than 12 months.look forward to hear from you.
    Thanks

Comment by Mr.Jaswant Singh Kalsi — November 8, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

18. Dormancy fee ???
    What is this about…. I don’t use your service never have done and no intention of doing so.
    If you don’t get rid of this immediately I will pass to lawyers.
    Furthermore an apology should be made
    Neville Sheldon

Comment by Neville Sheldon — November 9, 2012 @ 12:54 am

19. Please as I am no longer your customer and I have not use the credit card as you could see from the account . I wish to say that please close my account and remove the dormancy fee. I would be much obliged and thankfull for your help . Wish the company well.

regards

Comment by Mr Alexander Mall (3791-0303368-12001) — November 10, 2012 @ 11:35 am

20. Please note that I am no account userr could you close this account and remove the dormancy fee. I would be much obliged . Thank you very much for your help.

Comment by Mr Alexander Mall (3791-0303368-12001) — November 10, 2012 @ 11:42 am

21. i cannont understand the reasonings for charging a drormancy fee for not using my credit card this i applied for in 2004 and have never used it, so therefore i wish to cancel this credit card.

Comment by mr john harris — November 10, 2012 @ 3:26 pm

22. I just want to cancel my card and avoid the £20 charge

Comment by donoughmore — November 10, 2012 @ 7:14 pm

23. I wish to close the account and have the fee removed.

Many thanks,

Belisco

Comment by BELISCO MATIAS SEQUEIRA — November 13, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

24. I wish to close my account and have the fee removed

Thanks

John Butler

Comment by John butler — November 14, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

25. I shall be obliged if you will cancel my credit card with immediate effect and remove the £20 charges. I have not ever used this card.

Many thanks

Comment by Pauline Penny — November 14, 2012 @ 12:09 pm

26. i wish to cancel my american express card right away and remove this £20 fee

Comment by james mackay — November 14, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

27. I wish to close the account and have the fee removed

Nora O’Neill

Comment by Mrs Nora O’Neill — November 14, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

28. I wish to close my account and have the fee removed.

Thank you.

Brian Jones.

Comment by Brian Jones — November 14, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

29. Please cancel my card no 3746 044592 91008. I am hereby informing you that I want to close my account and reverse the £ 20 fee.I won’t accept any liability.I further inform you that I am leaving for abrad for a long period.

Comment by Tahir Naeem — November 14, 2012 @ 5:27 pm

30. I have just received your letter stating the 20 pound fee. Please cancel it immediately. I have not used the card in 3 years and have no intension of doing in the future.
    Regards.
    S. Fox

Comment by Stephen Fox — November 14, 2012 @ 7:30 pm

31. Please cancel card and waive dormancy fee as I have never used this card and I canceled it three years ago
    Frank Sinclair

Comment by Frank Sinclair — November 15, 2012 @ 9:54 am

32. Please cancel my card and cancel your domancy fee. I have cut and disposed of my card

Comment by J Gordon — November 15, 2012 @ 11:08 am

33. I wish to close the account and cancel the card and have the fee removed

Comment by Mr.Brian J Taylor — November 15, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

34. I wish to cancel my British Airways American express card as from today 15th November 2012 can I cancel the £20 fee. oplease let me know what to do know.

Comment by mrs jackie mackay — November 15, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

35. i cancelld this account two and a half years ago you have had £14.95 belonging to me for this amount of time instead of dormancy fee how about two and a half yers interest to me will not be using this service againg

Comment by m williams — November 16, 2012 @ 11:14 am

36. I wish to cancel the card anmdto remove the £ 20 fee. I have visited the site but it is not clear where and how I am suposed to do it

Comment by Douglas Flower — November 16, 2012 @ 3:54 pm

37. I wish to close the account and have the fee removed

Comment by Flora Irwin — November 16, 2012 @ 8:48 pm

38. I wish to close the account and have the fee removed as American Express is no longer accepted in many places.

Comment by David C Irwin — November 16, 2012 @ 8:49 pm

39. Card No 3764-697132-21003
    Please cancell the above card, and wave the Dormancy fee immediately.
    Thank you in advance.

Comment by John Staite — November 17, 2012 @ 10:10 am

40. I wish to cancel my account with you asap. I will not be paying £20 for this card I am returning asap.

Thanks

Comment by Andrew Appleby — November 17, 2012 @ 9:58 pm

41. Please close my Account No 3746-910101-71001 and cancel the Removal Fee

Comment by Mr Peter Brawley — November 19, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

42. Account no londer required

Comment by Mr Peter Brawley — November 19, 2012 @ 3:17 pm

43. I wish to close my Account and cancel the £20 Fee

Comment by Brian Joce — November 19, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

44. Please cancel my account and remove the dormancy fee. I will not be paying this as I cannot cancel on here. I have not used this card for years and don’t want too. Please take this as notification to cancel my account and return confirmation and do not contact me or send any correspondence after confirmation.

Regards

Comment by Neil Brook — November 19, 2012 @ 8:20 pm

45. I no longer use this card & want the £20.00 dormancy fee removed & my account with Amex closed. Thankyou.

Comment by Martin Blackmore — November 20, 2012 @ 9:26 am

46. Please cancel my card and remove the £20.00 fee removed

Comment by Raymond Lewis — November 20, 2012 @ 10:15 am

47. I wish to close the account and have the fee removed.

Sheena C. Ritchie

Comment by Sheena C. Ritchie — November 20, 2012 @ 11:48 am

48. Dear sir

I have been ill for the last 3 years and closed my account
    then please remove this £20 fee from my account.

Comment by Mr William Williams — November 20, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

49. my nectar credit card expired nov.09 .i have not been ableto use the card since then.will please remove the dormancy fee

Comment by k.sutherland — November 20, 2012 @ 12:52 pm

50. As I no longer use credit cards would you please cancel this one and remove the £20 fee.
    With thanks
    PB

Comment by Mrs Patricia Brazier — November 20, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

51. I await your response thank you.

Comment by Mrs Patricia Brazier — November 20, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

52. I do not wish to use your card and have not done so for many years. Please cancel the £20.00 dormancy fee.
    R.A.Grant

Comment by Mr Roger Grant — November 20, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

53. We wish to close the account and the fee removed Many thanks Eileen Kelly

Comment by mrs eileen kelly — November 20, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

54. Instructions on statement directed me to this website to close my account and have the fee removed yet the website does not make clear how to do this!!?? Indeed I closed this account about 10 years ago and have never had a card since. A dormancy fee will certainly not be paid. PLEASE CANCEL THIS FEE.

Comment by ALEXANDER DEMPSEY — November 20, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

55. I wish to close the account and have the fee removed, how do I get confirmation that this has been donee?

Comment by Polly Joel Mitchell — November 20, 2012 @ 3:11 pm

56. please cancel my card which you sent to me during oct 2009 and has never been used.

Comment by patrick n fox — November 20, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

57. I have today 20 November 2012 telephoned your customer service on 0845 6042 532 and cancelled my credit card thus cancelling the proposed dormancy fee of £20.
    Kind regards
    Cliff Marlow

Comment by Cliff Marlow — November 20, 2012 @ 3:44 pm

58. Please close my account and cnfirm that this has been done

Comment by Mr Gordon Mathison — November 20, 2012 @ 3:54 pm

59. Please cancel my account as I do not wish to pay the dormancy fee.

Comment by Susan Mary Shorrock — November 20, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

60. cancel my card immediatly
    If I have not used it I don’t need it!!!
    David Abbott

Comment by David E.C. Abbott — November 20, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

61. I received your statement saying you will charge me a dormancy fee of £20. I would now like to close my account and have this fee removed. Please confirm that you have received this. Roberts liberman

Comment by Roberts Lieberman — November 20, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

62. Thank you. R. Liberman

Comment by Roberts Lieberman — November 20, 2012 @ 5:43 pm

63. Hi everyone, please dont bother to write here because I just called them and stated that i will not be paying this fee and requested cancellation of the card. They willingly obliged withour dispute. Their website is also misleading andso is the letter that drove us all to this website.Best wishes.

Comment by p ramlal — November 20, 2012 @ 8:37 pm

64. Have already advised you to cancel this card and close the account. Please make sure to remove this dormancy fee from your records forthwith.

Comment by Stephen David — November 20, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

65. i would like to cancel my american express card could you tell me how to do this as i want to close my account thank you
    L harrison

Comment by leslie harrison — November 21, 2012 @ 8:30 am

66. Please cancel my BA / American Express credit card ending 32003, as I do not wish to pay the Dormancy Fee.

Please remove the fee,confirm this has been done and the card cancelled.

Thanking you,

Harold Henley
    haroldhenley@sky.com

Comment by Harold Henley — November 21, 2012 @ 11:22 am

67. november 20120 i want to close this account and have the fee removed club no 99952079 mr k oakes

Comment by keith oakes — November 21, 2012 @ 7:41 pm

68. Please cancel my £20 fee and close the credit card account,I do not need it.

Comment by g. masiello — November 21, 2012 @ 10:54 pm

69. I wish to cancel my card and see the fee removed

Comment by `Grayson Jones — November 22, 2012 @ 8:52 am

70. I cancelled this card 2Years ago ! please remove the fee and cancel the card. please send final statement showing zero .

Jackie Starbuck

Comment by jackie Starbuck — November 22, 2012 @ 11:48 am

71. Please make your instruction to cancel this irrelevant fee clearer. I wish to close the account and have the fee removed. Seems like a case for the FSA.

Thankyou
    Tony Skinner

Comment by antony skinner — November 22, 2012 @ 6:39 pm

72. cancel card

Comment by FRANK ROBERTSON — November 22, 2012 @ 9:28 pm

73. I wish to close my account. Would you please make the necessary arrangements and remove the fee.

Regards

Comment by Peter Fisher — November 23, 2012 @ 10:39 am

74. Please will you cancel the British Airways card and the 20 pound dormancy fee.I do not need this card and indeed did not request it.

Comment by Marlena de Vere Hunt — November 23, 2012 @ 10:55 am

75. Have just received a statement of account, asking for £20, please note that I shall not pay this amount, I have never used a card, and do not wish to either. Have tried to cancel the card as suggested but there is no clear information on how to do this.

Comment by Claudio Capaldo — November 23, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

76. I WISH TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND HAVE TH FEE REMOVED

Comment by VIOLET LOUIE HUNT — November 23, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

77. Please remove the £20 dormancy marker and close my account immediately. I stopped using my American Express card when it changed from the lovely clear plastic with blue hologram which made it stand out from the crowd. The replacement cards are dull and ordinary.

Comment by HILARY PHILLIPS — November 24, 2012 @ 9:43 am

78. Please remove the £20 dormancy fee and close my account immediately. I stopped using the card when it changed from the lovely clear plastic with blue hologram which made it stand out from the crowd. Everywhere I used it, it was always commented upon how different it was. The replacement card is dull and ordinary.

Comment by HILARY PHILLIPS — November 24, 2012 @ 9:47 am

79. I cancelled this card years ago as I was not using it. Can you please amend your records and remove the fee please.Many thanks Lorna Young

Comment by Lorna Young — November 24, 2012 @ 12:19 pm

80. I wish toc close my account and have the fee removed.

Many thanks,

Robert.

Comment by mr robert craig anderson — November 24, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

81. Thank you for closing my account and removing the fee.

robert.

Comment by mr robert craig anderson — November 24, 2012 @ 12:44 pm

82. I wish to cancel my card please tel me how? by return I do not intend paying your unadvised charge

Comment by sam newton — November 24, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

83. I do not understand your reply I just require your confirmation the charghe has been cancelled along with my card

Comment by sam newton — November 24, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

84. Please cancell my account and remove the dormancy fee

Thanks
    Wayne Thompson

Comment by W Thompson — November 24, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

85. I NO LONGER HAVE A AMEX CARD PLEASE CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND REMOVE THE FEE

Comment by tom mccalllum — November 24, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

86. cancel my card and the dormancy fee

Comment by g s akers — November 24, 2012 @ 8:20 pm

87. cancel my american express card also the £20 dormancy fee

Comment by g s akers — November 24, 2012 @ 8:22 pm

88. Please close this account and have £20.00 fee removed immediately.

Comment by Glyn Jones — November 25, 2012 @ 10:03 am

89. my account was closed more than 12 months ago, but you are still claiming this £20fee.

Comment by nigel dorothy — November 25, 2012 @ 11:00 am

90. Please cancel my Dormancy Fee of £20 and close my account. Thank you, Ian Byrne

Comment by 3791-964710-91008 Mr Ian Byrne — November 25, 2012 @ 11:56 am

91. As many people have already mentioned….I was surprised get this letter charging me £20.00. As recommended l visited the website but can find no link to cancel my account. I WOULD LIKE THIS ACCOUNT TO BE CLOSED AND FEE REMOVED. i AM NOT GOING TO LEAVE MY ACCOUNT DETAILS BUT WOULD REQUEST THAT YOU EMAIL ME SO THAT THIS CAN BE ACTIONED

MANY THANKS
    Raj

Comment by Rajinder — November 25, 2012 @ 12:03 pm

92. please cancel my credit card as i dont use it often enough and cancel £20 dormancy fee

Comment by john edward cooper — November 25, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

93. I wish to close my account and have the fee removed but I cannot find instructions on how to do this on the website address you provided.

Please do this for me.

Comment by Ann Hailwood — November 25, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

94. Please cancel my card and remove dormacy fee.

Comment by Ann Hailwood — November 25, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

95. cancel my card and dormancy fee

Comment by g s akers — November 25, 2012 @ 3:28 pm

96. Please close my account forthwith and remove the £20.00 Dormancy Fee.

Many thanks

John Colman

Comment by John Colman — November 25, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

97. please close this account and cancel the dormancy fee which I knew nothing about.

Willie Melville

Comment by WILLIE MELVILLE(3764-699096-51005) — November 25, 2012 @ 6:36 pm

98. I have received a request for payment of £20 for a Dormancy Fee,
    I have never used this account, and all my American Express Cards
    were cancelled and destroyed more than 2 years ago.Please confirm you have now closed this account and remove the Dormancy Fee.

Comment by JOHN COX — November 25, 2012 @ 7:01 pm

99. Please close my account immediately!

Comment by Julian firman — November 26, 2012 @ 9:46 am

100. I would like to cancel my card and have the dormancy fee removed

Comment by Roma Frost — November 26, 2012 @ 10:50 am

101. I wish to close my account and have the fee removed.

Comment by Lone Reddin — November 26, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

102. Have written 4 times to cancel & chopped up my card, but NIL response. they can shove their impertinent demand for money where the monkey shoved its nuts!

Comment by A H Bruce — November 26, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

103. Please cancel my account I no longer use this card.
    Rachel Kelly

Comment by Rachel Kelly — November 27, 2012 @ 2:38 am

104. I wish to have the dormancy fee cancelled and close the account.
    Many thanks
    Dave Prowse.

Comment by MR DAVID C PROWSE — November 27, 2012 @ 10:29 am

105. I wish to have the account closed and the fee removed

Many thanks

A C Layton

Comment by MRS ANGELA LAYTON — November 27, 2012 @ 1:30 pm

106. I would like to close my account and have the fee removed.
    Thanks

Comment by chris fortune — November 27, 2012 @ 10:10 pm

107. I am not sure what you mean by “Your comment is awaiting moderation”
    I do not use the card… I did not know that I had one …. so please cancell all cards etc.

Comment by chris fortune — November 27, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

108. how dare you send me a bill for not using this service I will not pay this fee and demand you the charge off and close this account which has never been used

Comment by fay waite — November 28, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

109. I do not wish to continue with my Americsn Express card. Please cancel and delete the DORMANCY FEE.

Regards

B H BARR

Comment by BASIL H BARR — November 28, 2012 @ 4:11 pm

110. I am not prepared to pay this dormancy fee. Your website does not tell me how to close my account and have the fee removed. Kindly do that asap

Comment by Dr Andrew Reid — November 28, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

111. Have not used card for years and did not activate 07/10 please have dormancy fee cancelled

Comment by Ivan Cross — November 28, 2012 @ 8:03 pm

112. I HAVE DONE AS YOU ASKED REGARDING CLOSING THIS ACCOUNT AND I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY MEANS OF DOING SO. I WANT TO CANCEL THIS ACCOUNT AND THE FEE AS OF NOW. PLEASE SEND ME THE MEANS TO DO SO AS I AM NOT DUE TO PAY FOR A CARD I DO NOT USE. PREVIOUSLY I CALLED TO CANCEL THIS CARD AND IT WAS AMERICAN EXPRESS THAT ASKED ME TO KEEP THE CARD AND THEY CANCELLED THE FEE. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN NOTICE OF ANY CHARGES BEFORE THE YEAR END DATE.

William Johnston

Comment by William Johnston — November 28, 2012 @ 8:20 pm

113. I have never asked for these cards or used them and the last ones were returned to you in pieces asking you to remove me from your records. I have no intention of sending you any money and would like you to cancel the cards as previously requested.

John Yarnold

Comment by John Yarnold — November 29, 2012 @ 8:29 am

114. i ask you to close my account.(on the phone)but you still sent me the card. i did not activate the card. so i am not going to pay this £20 . fees. so please i am asking to cancelled my account.ihave no intention to use this accounts

many thanks
    raj kumar

Comment by raj kumar — November 29, 2012 @ 9:35 am

115. I wish to close the account and have the fee removed.

Many thanks,

Chris Love

Comment by Chris Love — November 29, 2012 @ 9:41 am

116. I want to cancel my card and remove the £20 pound fee.
    Many thanks

Comment by Ashby Barros — November 29, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

117. I don’t want to use this account can you closed for me

Comment by Bashir Mohammad — November 29, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

118. Amazed you have the ordasity to charge a £20 fee, I have never used the card, as a lot of places do not take american express, you tell us to visit a web site,as to no were can you see were to take off this charge!!!!!. Canel it now and e-mail me conformation.
    Not Happy.

Comment by Mr Kenneth Pownall — November 29, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

119. I have not had any use for this card for years and no longer
    own same, have no idea how, to close my account, using this
    system as advised in the letter recieved,dated,26/11/2012.
    I can only hope, this email, being on the dormancy site will be
    read by the people, who installed it, and will act, upon my instructions
    and close my account , waiving the dormancy fee.

Comment by colin eric jones — November 30, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

120. please cancel my account and have the £20.00 fee removed.i have not used the account for years.thank you.

Comment by alexander michael — November 30, 2012 @ 9:25 pm

121. I wish to close my account, I have not used this account for several years and I do not own an American Express credit card.
    Please could you kindly close my account and have the fee removed.

Thanks.

Wei Sai.

Comment by WEI SAI LIANG — November 30, 2012 @ 11:52 pm

122. Was told to visit this website to have £20 dormancy fee removed but cannot find a more direct way of doing this apart from leaving this comment. I have been in credit with this account for a number of years and am frankly disgusted that I should be asked for this fee. I trust it will be removed immediately and my account shut down. Thank you.
    Sheelagh loan

Comment by Sheelagh Sloan — December 1, 2012 @ 10:23 am

123. was told to visit this website to have £20 dormancy fee removed but cannot find a more direct way of doing this apart from leaving this comment. I have been in credit with this account for a number of years and am frankly disgusted that I should be asked for this fee. I trust it will be removed immediately and my account shut down. Thank you.
    Sheelagh Sloan

Comment by Sheelagh Sloan — December 1, 2012 @ 10:30 am

124. Please cancel card with immediate effect,never again with ‘AMEX’

Comment by MIKE GRIMWADE — December 2, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

125. I put in a request for my account tobe cancelled as I have distroyed my card has this been done???

Comment by violet louie hunt — December 2, 2012 @ 6:41 pm

126. Received claim for “dormancy fee”. I have had little use for American Express. Not always acceptable in retail/restaurants, etc. Often extra charge is made if I should use American Express. As an individual this extra is not acceptable.Interest rate is higher than other cards I have.
    Please remove my name and card and remove “dormancy fee” from my account.Advise this has been done a.s.a.p.
    “Dormancy Fee” is due for payment by 21 December 2012. Please expedite removal of this unwarranted charge before this date as stated in my account !
    Donald Fulton. 02/12/12.

Comment by donald fulton — December 2, 2012 @ 9:43 pm

127. Please cancell the dormancy fee for my husband and myself as we need to close the account which we have never used and have no intention of doing so in the future. My husband’s name is Mr William Thomas Roberts of the same address.

Comment by Mrs G Roberts — December 3, 2012 @ 9:30 am

128. You state to visit this site in order to cancel card and waive dormancy fee. Where are the instructions? NOT GOOD!
    I wish to close my account and waive dormancyfee.

Comment by Ronald Michael Donovan — December 4, 2012 @ 11:50 am

129. You state to visit this site in order to cancel card and waive dormancy fee. Where are the instructions? NOT GOOD!
    I wish to close my account and waive dormancy
    fee.

Comment by Ronald Michael Donovan — December 4, 2012 @ 11:51 am

130. I wish to close the account.please have the stg 20 removed

Comment by leonard daden — December 4, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

131. i wish to close the a/c please cancel the £20 fee thaanks

Comment by leonard daden — December 4, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

132. never used that card it was cut in half as soon as i got it and i would be very annoyed to be charged for it take my name off your list

Comment by mrs vera davidsonv — December 4, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

133. I wish to close the account and have the free removed

Comment by John Hancock — December 4, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

134. I cancelled my card in January and have just received a dormancyfee.I have gone to the website to cancel as directed by yourselves and yet i am unable to do so. Is this yet another way of getting money from us.

Comment by Barry Devor — December 4, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

135. I decided not to use this card when I saw your exorbitant charges,please remove the dormancy fee of £20.00.I have torn the card up and will not be using your services again…..ever

Comment by frances evans — December 5, 2012 @ 11:03 am

136. I want to cancel my card and avoid £20
    many thanks
    A k walia

Comment by Mrs Arvinder Walia — December 5, 2012 @ 11:42 am

137. please close the account and remove the fee

Comment by samuel norman weston — December 6, 2012 @ 11:59 am

138. I closed my account long ago and I have not had a valid Amex card for several years.
    Please close my amex account immediately and remove the dormancy fee

best wishes

Marion Caldwell

Comment by marion caldwell — December 8, 2012 @ 11:37 am

139. Please remove my details and charges removed.

Comment by Vina Chauhan — December 10, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

140. I refer to your recent statement demand for a dormancy fee on my account. I would confirm that as I have never used the card since it was initially offered to me and do not intend to use it in the future having already destroyed it I require you to close the account and withdraw the proposed dormancy fee.

Comment by M.J.Swift — December 11, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Tags: , ,